8.31.2009

What a week

So last Wednesday we found out Zane had to pick a state/area to live in for the military by the end of the week in order for him to get his choice of what branch he wanted (ie-military intelligence, combat engineers, finance, etc).  CRAZY!  Our original plan was to go where the job is when he graduates...not so much.  It's been a week of lots of prayers, fasting, and relying on faith that wherever we chose, Zane would be able to find a job there.  I can't even imagine trying to do this without relying on inspiration, I would probably go nuts.  That being said, we narrowed down our choices to Washington and Georgia, but we felt neutral on both and on Friday we were still stewing over the choices.  We talked and talked and talked, and then decided on Boise.  :0D  Yes, Boise.  Isn't it funny how life works?  Zane is really excited because he is going to do a masters program out there for community and regional planning - the entire reason he got into construction management in the first place (we had just forgotten about it in the grind of nitty gritty).  We'll be close to my grandma which will be so great, and it's a great place to live, so we are thrilled about the turn of events!  Not sure whether we will be staying here after he graduates in December for Princess to finish kindergarten while Zane's in training, or move over there in January...we'll have to see at a later date.  

Meanwhile, I got REALLY sick this weekend and am basically bedridden for the second day in a row.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's mono, or something to do with mono, but I'm pulling for a funny case of the flu.  :)  We'll finally have insurance as of tomorrow, so I can get into the doctor and see what in the world is going on.

I'll have to post more later when I can post pictures, but Princess started kindergarten this last week and LOVES going to school!  She loves riding the bus, feeling so big, etc.  I love that little girl and it is so fun to watch her bloom.  I cried a little bit when we were saying prayers before she left, and then when I dropped her off and drove home without her, but it was hard to be sad when she was SOOO excited.  I'm not on the computer with the pictures, so I'll have to do that when I feel better.  


2 comments:

Lu said...

wOW!! sO MUCH happening! Life is crazy as usual. I am glad you are all together again and am so sorry to hear that you are sick.
Can't believe kindergarten is underway!! What a HUGE step. Good job mom!
Try calling me again we need to catch up!

Sokimna said...

Wow..lots of changes will happen. How exciting for the entire family! Does she get to see Elizabeth on the bus?