1.06.2012

Rotating due date

I finally asked my midwife today to see if she could narrow down a more exact due date for this baby just so we have a better idea on when is a safe time to deliver vs too early.  We had another ultrasound this week (just to make sure everything was ok again because of the meningitis) and it gave us another date.  So as of right now, I'm due: Mar 6, Mar 13, Mar 15, Mar 20, or Mar 22.  :)  Quite the spread, eh? 

We did find out 100% we are having a girl (before it was only 80-90%) so I am excited to get rid of the huge bags of boy things we have down in the basement!  Brother Bear went with us to the ultrasound because the other day he had been looking at my belly and talking to the baby when he said, "Mom open yo mouf."  I did. He said, "Hmm...I can't see it.  Can't see the baby!"  hahaha.  He's so funny right now with the things he says.  He said he wanted to name the baby Hannah, and I asked if it was so we could call her Hannah Banana to which he scowls and says, "NO!  Just orange."  What can I say?  He cracks me up.

Baby Boy is definitely our michevious little fellow.  There is NEVER a dull moment with him around.  He hates sitting down.  He'll sit for a total of maybe 5 minutes if we are lucky, then he's down and off and running - typically getting into something.  I love his little twinkle he gets in his eyes as he darts away giggling.

Cowboy is an official reader.  It makes me so happy for him!  He's loving school and is wishing away his kindergarten year so he can finally be in 1st grade and go to school all day like his sister.  :(  I ask if he'll miss me and he says, "Nope!"  I'm glad he loves school. 

He and Princess were both awarded with "Student of the Month" awards last month.  I am so proud of how well they are doing.  Princess is looking forward to joining the swim team this month, and last night made brownies all by herself.  It's hard to believe she will be turning 8 in a few short months, but she is beyond excited for the arrival of her baby sister.  She's prayed her here for a long time and I'm looking forward to seeing what she does when sister does arrive.

Zane's enjoying his job and we are very much enjoying having him home so much more.  He's got some big education decisions coming up as far as deciding which avenue to take for his masters, but other than that life is good with him being home.  :)

As for me - I'm trying not to freak out about the possibility of having our last baby in a mere couple of months.  I never imagined myself being done having kids by the time I was 30, but I also never imagined having 5 by then either.  :)  I feel super blessed, and even more blessed to be able to be at home with them. 

Sorry no pics on this post.  We've been having issues with the camera AND computer, so I'm lucky to just be posting words at this point.  But we have a computer still!  :)

1 comment:

Ann said...

Wow. I didn't know you were expecting again. Congratulations. I hope everything goes well. What a cute family.