11.07.2008

Travel back in time

If you could travel back in time, when would you choose? I had a hard time narrowing it down. I LOVE history so really I'd like to just stop by and visit a ton of different times and places. I'd like to go to ancient greece during the time of Socrates; see the darkness of the middle ages; watch the American Revolution; and I'd love to go and see the pioneer women and how they went about their day - cooking, raising children, etc.; not to mention the Restoration time period; I would also like to see the 1940's here in America, Germany, France, and England. And you know it'd be pretty awesome to be on one of the boats full of immigrants coming into Ellis Island and seeing their faces and feeling their joy as they saw the Statue of Liberty for the first time. :) I told you I had a hard time narrowing it down! hehe. So...I'm curious - when would you choose?

6 comments:

Emily said...

Okay, I'm not the history buff you are, so my answer might not sound that exciting. But I would love to go back in time and get to know my Grandma Bert. She was my dad's paternal grandmother and I always hear such wonderful stories about her. She died a few months after I was born, so I don't remember her. But if you ask any of my dad's siblings, she was as wonderful a person as they've ever met.

Anonymous said...

When I was young and visted Lagoon (I thing they call it pionoeer village) I always pictured myself actually being there. Like when I go through any ghost town. I love the old country stores and the board walks,the old post offices and blacksmiths, the general stores. That would be totally cool for one day...then I would need a microwave and indoor plumbing :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, I cant spell tonight, can I? Sorry. Is there anyway to go back and edit these posts?

Unknown said...

I love those answers!

Laura said...

Hmmm... I'd like to see the 60's, the music, fashion and all that.

Also, the late 1700's when there was a lot of Piracy. Only for a minute though. I'm reading a book about the pirate Black Bartie right now.

I'm trying to think of some Scottish history I'd like to witness but a lot of that would be too brutal.

It'd be cool to see the Wild West.

There's too much to choose from, you're right. I can't narrow it down.

Anonymous said...

Ya, besides being in "little house on the prarie times" I would also like to spend a day in the 50's. And when Im feeling very brave I would like to live a day during the depression.