9.11.2009

8 years ago...

I was glued to a television screen along with millions of other Americans feeling utter shock and horror at the events occuring before my eyes. I remember gasping and shouting "Oh NO!" as I watched one tower, then the other collapse into nothingness wondering how many people were now dead. I remember sobbing and crying that my homeland was under attack, and the comfort and strength that filled me when everyone else I saw had the same tear streaked faces. The fierce patriotism and humble turning to the God of all was awe-inspiring.

Some seem to have forgotten and that really frustrated me last year. But I remember. I will never forget. And as long as there is at least one willing to stand and pay tribute, those who died, sacrificed, and defend will be remembered. I am an American, I do believe in God, I will teach my children who is in charge of this blessed nation, and until my dying day I will proudly hang my flag and declare GOD BLESS AMERICA!

(I hope this doesn't come across that everyone else doesn't care, I was just trying to say that I will never forget and therefore I know at least one person who will always remember).

No comments: