3.05.2010

And the verdict is...

I have no clue. We had to reschedule the appointment for next week. What I can tell you is we are moving to Twin Falls at the end of the month and we found a house to rent! :) The kids and I drove up yesterday to look at some houses and go swimming with Zane. The plan was to drive back this morning and still go to our ultrasound - sadly, we had a flat tire and had to wait while Sears repaired it - by the time we left, it was just too late to make it to Provo. Oh well!

Some people are surprised with how early we are getting an ultrasound. Well, supposedly you can get a gender determination one as early as 15 weeks - it's recommended if it is your one and only main ultrasound to wait until 20 weeks due to the size and accuracy of the ultrasound. I found a place here that charges only $45 for the ultrasound and I want to "try" to find out before we move. Reason - if we are having a girl, I feel like we are done for a sufficient enough time (maybe forever) to purge and I have 3 HUGE rubbermaids full of boys clothes/toys I can pass off to my sisters-in-law and not have to move them. If they can't tell 100% then no big deal - I still get to see my baby and am only out $45. We'll have another one with the actual doctor around 20-21 weeks after we move. :)

3 comments:

Christine said...

When I had gall bladder issues when I was pregnant with Sam, they took an ultra sound of the gall bladder, and I asked the tech if she'd take a look at my tummy while she was at it.

It was actually easier to tell Sam's sex when he was 15 weeks because there was more room for him to move around in there, and show his stuff vs. when we went into the official ultrasound at 20 weeks.

Good luck with your movie and everything! I can't wait to hear the gender!

Christine said...

*move, not movie. haha.

Unknown said...

really? I've heard good and bad for checking it early - so that makes me happy it was easy for them to see that soon for you!