2.24.2009

Motivation

The kids have been sick on and off since November, but I completely used their sickness as an excuse NOT to go to the gym.  If I had only known the best motivation would be to go and try on dresses, I would have done it months ago.  :)  Zane has to go to his military ball and I need a nice dress to wear so I went in to try some on.  OH MY.  Needless to say, I have been in the gym every day since.  :) haha.  My rib is still hurting quite a bit, so I have to kind of work around it so I just do a lot of aerobic stuff.  Regardless, just wanted to put it out there no matter your size, if you want some major motivation to get in tip top shape go try on some formal dresses.  LOL.

I'm always glad when I get back into exercising, it makes me a better mama and much happier person.  It makes my life easier to schedule and prioritize.  Amazing how that works, eh?

3 comments:

Hollie Hanson said...

You go girl! that is awesome. And I can;t wait to see picts of you in formal dresses! Ah memories.... I should find those and post! ah ha!!
As for me and working out- well I am counting down 2 more weeks. I can't wait the 6, I give it 4. I am itchin to get in shape! Mostly because I already have such an awesome head start! Keep up the good work! And i hope your rib heals fast!

beth said...

Me, too! I completely agree.

Lu said...

Mary. . . .SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!! It really helps me be happier. When I go to lose weight I always get weird and obsessive, but lately (since I have a gym membership yay!!) I have been going to get some much needed time for me and for that very reason. To be a better mom and person etc. Couldn't have said it better. Keep it up and I wish we could go together. . ssssssad.
I am jealous you get to get all dressed up for a fun event.