8.12.2010

He's here!

Many of you already know from texts or facebook, but our baby boy arrived early Tuesday morning.  I'd been feeling pretty badly for a couple of days and was having some pretty good contractions Monday night and finally decided that I would go in and have them check me around 10:30 pm.  We got to the hospital and in the room about 11:15 - and Jacob Andrew came out at 1:16 am.  He was turned halfway face up, so the majority of the labor was in my back (NOT a fun experience) but because of that the poor guy came out pretty banged and bruised.  The doctor actually came in the nick of time to check in to see how I was coming along.  I had just decided (after breaking down crying) that I had had enough and no longer wanted to do it naturally and instead wanted the 4 hr epidural type shot.  He said that was fine and then I said, "and while your here you might as well check me anyway."  We were waiting for a couple of contractions to pass when my water broke, he checked me and said I was an 8.5 and could no longer have the shot and then I said "Oh no oh no oh no" because maybe 5 minutes (if that) later baby was born.  The cord was wrapped around his neck pretty tight, so I was glad it wasn't Zane, the nurse and I delivering him like we did with Cowboy. Here are a few pictures.  My mom has some better pics, but I figured I'd share the news now on the blog world.  :)
There was a nasty smokey smell coming through the vents - I spent
a lot of time doing this.


Zane capturing the "joyful" moment of birth.

Never seen a baby so covered in the white stuff!
The doctor called it his make up.

Not the greatest family picture, but whatever.  :)
Super happy big sister
Cowboy said his new brother was "adorable"
"Aww!  Cute baby!"

So he was 8 lbs 12 oz and 21.5 in long.  The hospital let us both go home just 12 hrs after I gave birth so it seems pretty surreal that we left and came home with a new baby basically overnight.  Pretty crazy!  We are glad he's here and I'll post more pics as they come - especially now that his face is starting to not look so purple.  :)

6 comments:

Hollie Hanson said...

So happy for you Mary!! He is a cutie! I hate you for how fast your labors are ;)Ahh! I want to come see you guys! Take it easy momma. Luv you!

Wadell said...

Congrats from Texas! We are so happy for you guys. Tyler and Brooklyn love seeing pictures of Princess and Cowboy.

Ann said...

I'm glad you both survived the ordeal. It's always a relief when they finally get here. Congratulations and enjoy that "little" guy.

Smith Fam said...

Oh my goodness he is adoreable!! Congrats. How fun!! Your kids look like they instantly fell in love with him.

Linzi said...

He's adorable! I can't believe you have 4 kids!! Congratulations :)

Kat & Paul said...

He's so beautiful!