9.28.2010

Pity Party Pathetics

I threw a fit last night to my husband and prefaced it with "I know this is unfair, irrational, and dumb, but..." and launched into a list of my complaints.  It went a little like this:

M: I'm mad that you are working ALL THE STINKING TIME!!!  I'm going to be a single mom in November, I'm tired of feeling like one now. (Zane took off Friday thankfully but still worked over 70 hrs last week)
Z: I know.  I hate that I'm working all the time too.
M: And I realize you are going to your uncle's funeral, but I am mad you are driving to Wyoming tomorrow and I can't go.
Z: You can go if you want to.
M: (looking at Jacob) Yah, driving 10 hrs there and back will go great with a nursing baby!  I can't go!  I can't even leave for more than 2 stinking hours because he can't do a bottle if I want him to nurse.  And even if I wanted to, we don't have a baby-sitter I would leave all the kids with anyway so it doesn't even matter!  I'm stuck here at home AND YOU GET TO LEAVE AND GO TO STINKING WYOMING.
Z: If it makes you feel better, I know how it feels.  I felt trapped between work and home.
M: Well at least you get to LEAVE THE STINKING HOUSE!!!
Z: Honey, can I go and get you some ice cream?
M: NO BECAUSE I CAN'T HAVE DAIRY.
Z: How about a drink from Sonic?
M: I don't want one.
Z: Can I get you a treat?
M: NO! BECAUSE I'M TOO FAT TO FIT IN MY PANTS AND HAVE TO WEAR SWEATS BY THE END OF THE DAY BECAUSE I HANG OVER EVERYTHING ELSE SO I CAN'T EAT TREATS.
Z: How about a walk?  Do you want to go for a walk?
M: (laughing at this point) I CAN'T BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TENNIS SHOES ANYMORE!!! (I ran over my shoes and smashed them last week and haven't been able to get another pair yet).
Z: Why don't you go and get some shoes tomorrow?
M: Because I don't want to take 3 boys shoe shopping!
Z:  Can I do anything for you?
M: NO.
Z: Can I take the boys with me to Wyoming?
M: YES.  Take ALL the kids.

Who has the kids today?  Me.  :)  Later I thought about how miserable they would be in the car for so long and got annoyed that I cared if they were miserable.

Hope you got a laugh out of this.  I'm surprised my husband wasn't cracking up at my temper tantrum.

4 comments:

Greg and Michelle said...

I had to smile when I read this because we have had these conversations before in our house.
It is so funny that when we get really upset and then the hubbies try to give us what we want we are too upset to feel excited about it. (Atleast that is what happens to me.)
You are so great and I know you are such a great mom.

Diana said...

I DID laugh! You are so normal and human. Love it.

Kat & Paul said...

this made me smile too....so glad that i'm not the only one who has pity parties! yeah to patient husbands!

Gahley's said...

Mary, You totally made my night reading this. I had the same pity party not to long ago and with a few different additions it sounded pretty dang close. I hope things are going well, your family is gets more and more cute when I stalk your blog, I hope you don't mind by the way hahaha. Hope all is well.