10.25.2013

Channeling my inner Mary Poppins

"For every job to be done, there is an element of fun; you find that fun, and SNAP! The job's a game!"

I'm attempting to channel my inner Mary Poppins. I enjoy the results of housework and laundry, I'm just still attempting to find the joy in the doing! The children are getting older, so they can help more around the house so it's not ALL me.  But let's face it! There are still seven people living in this house and no matter what I do, there are ALWAYS messes to clean up - particularly from two very busy and mischievous 3 yr and 19 month old toddlers.

That being said, I'm only going to have this time in my life once. I'm trying to keep in mind that I will have years and years of no constant giggles and running feet, no bedtime snuggles, no sweet voices saying, "I love you mommy," no kissing of owies to make it all better...sure there will be grandkids eventually, but I'll only have this time for a for more precious years...

So here's to channeling my inner Mary Poppins, and making a game for myself of the chaos and mess, and trying to enjoy this time of life-no matter how draining or frustrating it can feel at times!! Although let's be honest, it'd be awesome to snap my fingers and have the toys put away themselves. :)

No comments: