10.11.2013

Theme of the year

I know it's typical to have New year's resolutions and pick a theme for the year in January. But I picked up a sign at Seagull Book and put it above my kitchen sink so I could read it every day (several times, really). It says, "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among things hoped for." -Epicurus

So I'm making it my new theme for the rest of this year and 2014. It's so easy to forget and become dissatisfied. It's easy to covet others lives, things, talents, etc. I'm so guilty of wishing away today in favor of the dreams of tomorrow. That's not saying dreams are bad! Dreams and goals are essential in life. I just don't appreciate the present as much as I know I need to. That's the beauty of this life-we learn and grow and fail and fall only to get back up and try again. I'm grateful for those little moments and reminders we are provided to get ourselves back on track! Carpe diem, peeps! :)

How about you? Do you have a theme, or motto? Are you looking for one?

No comments: