3.17.2009

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Not one of us is wearing green right now, due mostly to the fact I have a mound of laundry still to get done and I'm pretty sure everything green that we own is dirty.  :)  Oh well, the boys are sick and we can't go anywhere or see anyone anyway!  I'm getting a bit stir crazy, as are they but what can you do?  I'm pretty sure whatever they have is pretty contagious, seeing as though our poor niece came over here last week for only 15-20 minutes and now she is sick with the same stuff. *sigh*  I am really looking forward to the summer.  I feel like I can Lysol everything in the house and still the germs just circulate through the air.  I think the next time we can leave the house all day I am going to spray everything down and open every window ALL DAY.  Surely that will help...right?

Brother Bear has pretty much been sick and croupy for a month now - not miserable, but he purrs when he breathes and has an amazing amount of snot coming out of him.  YUCK.  Cowboy seems to have gotten a different bug that hit hard and fast Saturday night.  Fever, vomit, diarrhea, sore throat, dehydration, etc.  Poor kid was miserable.  On Sunday he was crying, "there's fire in my eyes Mommy!"  He seems to be doing better - the fever is gone but his throat still hurts and he has a killer cough.  Thankfully my sweet Princess has inherited her father's immune system and hasn't had a problem...yet!  I think she is very tired of being trapped indoors and super bored because the sickos have kept us pretty busy.  For some reason, they can't seem to nap at the same time when they are sick.  She is such a good trooper though!  I am thinking we should definitely reward her this week for being a big helper.  I would love to throw the tv away after this weekend though - it's been on WAY more than I ever want it on in a week!

Zane's in the last 2 or 3 weeks of the semester and then it's off to UT for his internship.  We won't really see him from the weekend of Easter until the first week of May.  He'll come back up for Brother Bear's and Caleb's birthday.  Crazy - my kids are growing so fast!  It's hard to believe they'll be 1 and 3 in less than 2 months.  Hopefully they will be healthy by then to enjoy the day.  :D  haha.

2 comments:

Lisa and Randy said...

Oh...Mary!!! So sorry about your kids being sick. I hate when they are sick and you can't do much to help them. Randy & Reagan both had the stomach flu this weekend. Not so much fun for me being trapped in the house with two sick people. Somehow I managed to not catch it...knock on wood!! I have been spending the last two days washing clothes, bedding and the whole house so that I can avoid it. I hope that the weather warms up for you so you can get out...love ya!!

Linzi said...

Call me if you need any help cleaning...I'd be more than happy to help :)