4.14.2010

I did it

I converted over to a different scheduling system. I used to try and do something every day cleaning-wise, but lately (and especially after General Conference) I have been feeling like I need to do come up with a system that doesn't distract me from the kids as much. I've become a very observational parent, when I really want to be interactive. SO - not that anyone cares, but I'm posting my new schedule so it is in writing and I am more accountable to it.

Mon - Wed - Fri are designated KID days. So while Abby is in school in the morning, it's the "Mommy and Me" preschool time for me and the boys. These are also the soccer and sport days typically for their teams in the evening.

Tues is my grocery/household shopping day in the morning, and library day for the kids in the afternoon (and so I can get the books I need for preschool for the week ahead).

Thurs is now my cleaning day. I am not planning anything for this day, we are getting into our grubbies and this is the day we scrub the house, launder the bedding, etc. The kids can help, but this will be my one day that I CLEAN and if it so be that the kids watch movies and run around in the backyard all day, fine. Then I won't have to feel bad that my kids are taking second to my trying to get some cleaning done every day.

Obviously some things happen almost every day like laundry, dishes, vacuuming, sweeping. But this way our errands are done for the week and we can just enjoy Daddy on Saturdays. I'm pretty stoked about this new arrangement. I think it will work. :) Wish me luck!

3 comments:

kjco said...

Good job! I like your schedule & your motivation for it.

Lawther family said...

good luck. I hope it works out for you. I feel the same way, all day I am cleaning and telling the kids, just as soon as I finish... I should sit down and do a schedule makeover too. :)

Kat & Paul said...

love this! lara mills does thursday cleaning day too...maybe i should adopt the same schedule....right after the first trimester! lol!i'll have to bookmark this for a reminder!