7.05.2011

Happy 4th!

This is my favorite verse of the national anthem, and unfortunately it's not one that most people ever hear:

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!


I hope everyone had a great Independence day celebration!

Zane spent his driving back down to work.

We went to a parade this morning that was super fun - hit Five Guys on the way home for a juicy burger, and then the kids and I drove over to Boise to watch fireworks with my parents, grandma, and cousin.  It was AWESOME!  Baby Boy loved the fireworks after he got used to them and even started pointing his finger and I swear it sounded like he was saying "Look" and "Wow."

I feel incredibly blessed to live in such an extraordinary country.  Thanks to all who have made it possible!  Happy birthday America! 

Oh, and I still get teary EVERY time I hear and sing the song "Proud to be an American."  Never fails.  God bless the USA!!

No comments: