5.30.2010

If you are ever looking for somewhere to live...

We love Boise.  We went there yesterday for a quick trip to the zoo and to see Grandma Great.  If you haven't ever been downtown to the greenbelt, you really should check out The Julia Davis Park.  The city is very bike friendly and we LOVE the big tree-lined streets throughout.  I'm a little biased of course, considering my mom grew up in the area and my grandma still lives there.  :)  One of the best parts of Boise is the Fanci Freeze  - they have an amazing concoction of hand-dipped ice cream cones (so many flavors) and they have what's called a "boston shake" - a shake with a sundae on top.  It's a little place that's been around for YEARS, and always brings a round of nostalgia when I go there.  I can remember getting bubblegum flavored dip cones there when I was tiny.  Yesterday was the first time I took Zane and the kids and it was still so good!  I was really tempted to try a roasted coconut and chocolate shake, but I have a really small limit on how much ice cream I can consume without hating it this pregnancy.  :)  So I "settled" for a small blue raspberry dip cone.  :)  Yum!

So anyway, that is my promo for the day.  We love Boise.  If Zane could find a company to work for out of Boise that would pay the same amount (or close), our lives would be complete - but until then, we'll settle for the 1 1/2 - 2 hr drive visits.  :o)  I looked up how much houses go for in our favorite area in Boise - needless to say, we have expensive taste.  Big surprise!  The least expensive house barely big enough for our family runs about $260 K.  *sigh* Someday, right?  I should add for my readers in more expensive areas of the country - I sigh at the price tag because there are a lot of good areas in Boise that you can get a good size house and yard for under $150K.

Besides, Boise's the home of the BSU Broncos - can you honestly ask for anything more??  hehehe.

Photo credits: resources.jobing.com/ files/2009/02/boise.jpg, http://www.joseandblancaphotography.com/WebPage-ImageGallery-Idaho.html

1 comment:

Hollie Hanson said...

That's hilarious. That is mine and James' realistic dream spot to live. WeE look for jobs there all the time. Hopefully after he graduates... *sigh*.

Kels and Laura are station out there in June. Yeah! So now, I will have to most definitely check out that ice cream spot when I visit!!!