6.01.2010

Jumping on the bandwagon

I refused to read the Twilight series almost until Breaking Dawn came out and I finally gave in and read them.  I liked them - they were different and I appreciate easy read books that don't have a lot of swearing or over-the-top love scenes, etc.  But the deal is,  I have this thing against following the "fads" of the reading/entertainment world.  I really don't like when the books I love are turned into movies because for the most part they are severe disappointments.  I don't like when everyone and their dog reads the same book.  Weird?  Yes, I know.

That being said, I've joined another bandwagon, and I really hope they NEVER turn these books into movies and Barbies like they have Twilight.  If you haven't already read the Hunger Games series, I'd truly recommend it.  They are totally unique and thought provoking.  So if you are a hold out like me, come and join in - I thought they were worth it.  But you should know the third and final book doesn't come out until August, so you may want to wait a couple months.  :oD



2 comments:

Holly Murray said...

And another reason I like you so much! I'm stubborn that way too. I refuse to read or see Twilight and although I actually want to read the Hunger Games, I'm still holding out.

Bethany said...

I use to be the same way about bandwagon books. I finally realized that there is usually a pretty good reason there is so much hype about some books. I LOVED Hunger Games. Glad you enjoyed them too. And I agree, no movies please!