2.15.2010

Doctor Dilemma

Brother Bear has been sick for a while but I've been putting off going to the doctor. I really hate trying to find new doctors who are accepting new patients in a new area. So I've put it off. Well, now all three are sick and two are running fevers. Zane said I had to get them in to a doctor pronto this morning...I still debated until almost lunch time. Then I remembered a walk-in clinic I saw so we drove over there and had the kids checked out. Well, 3 cases of strep, 1 case of scarletina, 3 bottles of amoxicillin, and all 3 going down for a nap at the same time later - with no arguments I might add...guess my hubby was right. My poor kids needed a doctor. Now, if we can just keep this from spreading to Mom and Dad...

So, for the next 72 hrs we will be quarantined to our house (doctor's orders) - and I will be going CRAZY trying to entertain 3 already cabin feverish kids. By the way, did you know you are supposed to "quarantine" for 72 hrs if you have strep? I did not know this - I thought it was only 24 hrs after being on antibiotics.

No comments: