2.08.2010

Settling in...sort of

After a long and thought out process, I decided to go ahead and enroll Princess in the local school. I was honestly toying with the idea of home school, but social needs won out in the end. She met her teacher today and tomorrow is her first day. She is super excited, so that of course makes me a happy mom! She also loves having her own room. Mostly because it's "peaceful" at night. :)

Cowboy and Brother Bear are doing pretty well. BB is attached to his dad's shadow CONSTANTLY and pitches a fit if he ever leaves his sight. Zane's a good sport about it though and I really think he likes being the favorite. Cowboy misses his old house, his baby-sitter, his church, and pretty much he says at least once a day, "I want to go back to my old house Mom." (I think he and I are having the hardest time).

This has been quite an adjustment move - in more ways than I thought it would be. Zane is way over me being sad about leaving Idaho and I think he just might blow a gasket if he sees me crying again or with red eyes. I don't care - it's been a hard move for me and I'll be sad if I want to darn it! :) Change is always good, and this move will be no different from the rest eventually.

Still no word on a job...still hopeful though. That's about it for now. We're still waiting for our garage to be ready so we can get the rest of our stuff from the old storage unit (the poor manager has no idea what she is going to face tomorrow if we don't get the stupid thing that was supposed to be ready last Monday, then Thursday, then Friday, then today...she'll have a stressed-out super hormonal crazed woman about to BLOW up). I can hardly wait.

1 comment:

Sokimna said...

Mary, I know how hard it was to leave Rexburg. We miss it so much and know that we will never meet another group of such wonderful people again! We loved everything about it...friends, ward, university village! Hope transition is getting better! We are in Provo if you guys need some company or help moving!