2.22.2010

Saved by the doorbell

Hubby and I had a bad start to the morning. I had to get up super early and hit the DMV for a new license, Zane was staying home with the kids until I got home (thus being later for work) and was IMO, overly concerned about my time management for getting there. I resented his interference and nagging and was so irritated by the time I left that I told him where he could go as I slammed the door. I was still peeved when I came home and barely spoke to him as he left.

A while later the doorbell rang and I got a beautiful surprise bouquet of flowers and a very sweet and sentimental card (for anyone who knows my hubby, this is very unusual of him - he doesn't even bring me flowers for the birth of our children). Needless to say, he was quickly forgiven. :) He must have known he would need to save the day when he ordered them a while ago. haha.

5 comments:

Lu said...

OK wow!! I heard about the job change back to Idaho and my heart literally dropped for you. Stretch is a nice way to put it!! You are a champion for all the times you have packed up your house and kids truly! This is insane though. . . I am so thinking of you guys and you are in my prayers. I hope and pray everything works out for the best and you will get a chance to feel settled and sink some roots down.
Love you and I love this story about the flowers. So cute!

Holly Murray said...

Oh Mary, you make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Expired license or late for a new job? Thats a tough one.

Sokimna said...

Hey, Mary! I have those days too !!! =P Zane's so sweet! Hope things are well!

Nikki Nichols said...

That is so so sweet! Gotta love the men in our lives!! PS... how you feeling these days?