7.24.2010

Happy 24th

My last couple of posts have been pretty pessimistic, so I decided it was time to lighten it up a bit.  :)  Let's see, where to begin...we've stopped swimming lessons for the time being and I'm not sure when we will pick them up again.  I hate to stop them while they are on such a roll, but I haven't figured out what to do with Brother Bear yet.  Physically he is ready for the next classes, but mentally he just can't follow directions and that would be difficult if there were more than 2 kids in the class.  He and I are both over taking water babies, and he won't just sit and wait with me while the other 2 are in their class...hmm.  I have to admit, even I have missed going to the pool everyday.  We went once this week and I feel like I've failed or something.  :)  Silly.

Princess is all done with t-ball and loved it.  She is really looking forward to starting 1st grade - especially eating lunch at school.  :)  I'm dreading her being gone so long during the day, but at least I have her to myself until after Labor Day!  We had a girls night out last night and saw the movie "Ramona and Beezus" followed by dinner at Applebees.  We've been reading "Ramona the Pest" together so it was a fun night.  I'd recommend the movie - just good clean fun.  I cried.  My excuse is that I'm pregnant and have out of control hormones, but I'm pretty sure I would have shed a few tears even under normal circumstances.  :)  I decided I need to take out Cowboy and Brother Bear separately too before the baby is born so we can have some one-on-one time before another baby takes over my attention for a while.

Cowboy saw Harry Potter for the first time last night during their boy time and now everything is his flying broom and magic wand.  I didn't think he'd like it as much as he did, but I'm hesitant to let him watch anything but the first movie (he's pretty imaginative and tends to get REALLY into things and get scared).  Brother Bear also liked it and does anything Cowboy is doing at the moment.

I have a consult set up with the pediatrician on Tuesday to talk about the kids a bit without them being there.  I'm concerned about a few things, but top on the list right now is Cowboy's extreme fear of animals.  This is my child who LOVED all animals and now he has suddenly developed this phobia/anxiety of them - to the point he is terrified to go outside for fear that a cat or dog or bird is out there.  Like terrified to the point of completely quaking.  He'll go outside only if Princess is with him and we have checked several times to make sure there are no animals out there.  Even in the backyard he'll stay out for a few minutes at a time and then run back in because something may be out there.  It's so sad and I have NO idea how to help him.  So that is what I'm talking to the doc about - whether it's a phase I let pass, or if we need to maybe get a pet sooner than we were planning to help him out.  It's sad for me to see my active 4 yr old choose to stay inside rather than play out with his friends because of his fears.  Hopefully the doc will have some suggestion.  And if it is to go ahead and get a pet at home, I really hope our landlords will be agreeable to it...

Anyway, life is good - and I should probably note on here in reference to a previous post on Twilight that I'm pretty sure we are going to go ahead and use Jacob for the baby's name.  We've had it on our list of boy names for 6 + years now, and really if it fits, like one of my dear friends said - who cares if it's a popular name?  :)  lol.