7.07.2010

Recommendations/Reviews

I have opinions about a lot of things, so I'm thinking about maybe starting a new blog dedicated to reviews and recommendations of anything and everything from movies/books to cleaning products to recipes.  I don't even know if anyone would read it or frankly care what I think, but it would give me an outlet besides Zane.  I'm still considering it, in the meantime I'll post some recommendations on here.  :)

A couple of months ago we joined up with Melaleuca.  Zane worked for them a few years ago in the call center, but we haven't used any of their products since he quit.  Brother Bear has some pretty bad eczema and Melaleuca has an amazing product that really works to clear it up, so we joined.  In the past I have only used the cleaning products (which really are good) and the Renew lotion so we ordered a pack that gives you almost one of every product they sell.  I'm glad I did because I found some pretty great products I never would have tried.  My hair hasn't been cut or trimmed since December, combine that need with a dry climate where we are and needless to say, I've just been wearing it in a ponytail because of all the nasty ends and damage.  We are also swimming in chlorine every day - another doozy on the split ends.  A couple weeks ago I started using Melaleuca's Envia hydrating shampoo and conditioner - HOLY hannah!  I'm not kidding when I say it has not only repaired the damage, but my hair is so healthy and free of those fly aways.  At first I was worried that it might be weighing my hair down, but after a week I realized it was actually making my hair healthy for the first time in a LONG time.  So everyone keeps asking if I got a hair cut or did something to my hair.  :)  Pretty cool.  Princess has also been using it, and we don't even need to use detangler on her hair after her showers.  I have also really liked their sunscreen, body washes (both the Renew and Body Satin), and Zane likes the vitamins.  So far, Melaleuca's been good for us.  Eventually I may step up the ante and actually start doing it more as a home business (if you want, you can just be a customer or you can start doing as a business at any time, so there's no pressure which I like).  For now, I'm more interested in passing along to my friends and family what products work as I try them out for myself.  But of course, if you want more info I have that too.  :)

The other thing Zane discovered recently is an email meal service.  I won't go into much detail, but we are going to sign up and try it out to see if it's really as good of an idea as it looks.  It's called E-Z Meals and it's endorsed by Dave Ramsey (whose book "Total Money Makeover" is a must read for anyone).  Here is the link - I'll let you read up about it by yourself since my post is so long already.

Those are my recommendations/reviews for today, and I think I will do that other blog.

1 comment:

Lu said...

I can't believe how close you are!!! Wow. Hope you are doing ok.
So I love both of your recommendations. My Jake has horrific eczema that I am so out of options with right now. I have tried everything! Tell me about what has worked for you. I really need something that works!