1.10.2011

LOVE this statement

If you can't tell, I'm always on the lookout for ideas to help me become a better mother this year.

There are times when reading or listening to someone speak that a line just jumps out and touches you in some spectacular manner.  I was reading the January Ensign and in the article President Thomas S. Monson was talking about missionary work, but something he wrote struck a chord with me because I believe that raising children is also an errand of the Lord.  "Remember that this is the Lord's work, and when we are on the Lord's errand, we are entitled to the Lord's help.  The Lord will shape the back to bear the burden placed upon it."

I love that statement.  It went straight to my heart as only truth does.  The responsibility of being a mother can be daunting.  It is my obligation to teach them the things they need to know to return to their Father in Heaven.  To arm them with the weapons they need to fend of Satan's attacks.  The task is vast and great.  The term burden doesn't have to be negative.  I do have the burden of raising my children unto the Lord.  I take great comfort in that sentence: The Lord will shape the back to bear the burden placed upon it.  It goes along the lines of "with God, all things are made possible."

How grateful I am for continuing revelation and a prophet here on Earth. 

2 comments:

Holly Murray said...

That's just what I needed to hear tonight - thanks for sharing!

The Lovinger's said...

That made my day... I was having an especially overwhelming and stressful day thinking about everything we are supposed to teach them and do with them. Thanks!