1.22.2011

To Uncle Brad

I thought of you today and once again wished for time to turn back the clock.  I was singing a song from Les Mis and playing the piano.  I wished so badly that I would have shared with you my love of Broadway and musical theater (that I am just now rekindling), and perhaps taken you to a show, that I hadn't been so warped about my singing for so long, and I had sung with you while you were still alive.  I think we could have made some pretty great music together.  I miss your voice.  You were only a part of my life and family for 6 years, but I loved you.  While we were dating, Zane kept telling me about his "Uncle Brad" and how much he loved you.  Upon our first meeting, I could understand why and I quickly felt the same affinity.  You changed a lot before you died, and I missed how you were before, like when you sang at our wedding, but I understand.  I can't listen to "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" without thinking of you, and you know, I like your version the very best.  I sang for my husband for the first time a couple of months after you died.  It was the first time I've sung in public in almost 8 years and it was long overdue and inspired by you.  So Brad, I hope you heard me today when I played "Memory," because I sang it just for you.  Sorry I waited so long.

1 comment:

Jill said...

So glad you are enjoying singing again. You are wonderful.