1.23.2011

Shared burdens

The Lord says to cast your burdens upon Him and He will make them light.  I know that is true without a shadow of a doubt and I've felt that many times in my life.

I am blessed.  Truly.  Can I just tell you a few of the blessings I received just today at the hands of others?  My daughter got breakfast for her brothers this morning so I could lay in bed and nurse Baby Boy a little longer.  I had a friend at church who not only helped me get the kids to their classes, but also picked them up for me when my class was running late.  I was surrounded by helpers today during sacrament meeting, and without being asked, they helped my kids and sat with them when I had to take Baby Boy out while he was fussy.  A sweet teenager colored and kept my kids quiet and entertained during the meeting so I could get Baby to sleep in the carseat and then hold Brother Bear while he went to sleep.  And then my home teacher and his family came over after the meeting and asked if I needed help getting out to the car (Brother Bear was still sleeping) - so the two boys carried a bag and Baby Boy's carseat out to the car for me.  I've been put in charge of arranging meals and such for compassionate service and I was concerned about having enough volunteers for a funeral this Saturday - but I had people not only sign up, but come up to me and offer their services.  I am always getting asked if I am doing alright while Zane is gone and what do I need? 

Like I said.  Blessed.  And that's not even the half of it.  The Lord will always carry our burdens and make them light, sometimes using other people's shoulders.  How grateful I am.

4 comments:

BWei said...

I don't know why i didn't have your blog on my google reader earlier! Thanks for your uplifting posts and faith that you share through your life. So glad I can keep up with you now! And I love the story about your daughter scratching her bum. Too funny.

Lu said...

Oh Mary, if I were there my shoulders would be all yours! I miss you.
What an amazing momma you are. Glad you are surrounded by great people that can help you. How long is he gone??

Unknown said...

:) Thanks Brittany.

Lu, it's been so long since we've had a chance to talk - I miss you too. Zane's gone until mid April.

Jill said...

So glad you are getting help. It reminds me of all the times in life when we were helped in some way. And makes me remember to go out of my way to notice the needs of others! You are a strong wonderful woman and don't forget to tell your kids that they are too! They are really some of the best kids in the world. Love you all. Miss you. Need to plan time to come see you too. :)