1.13.2011

Surgery

So all three older kids went in this morning for tonsadectomies and Princess got a tube in her ear.  They did pretty well.  Brother Bear was super fast but hysterical and it took quite some time to calm him down after he came out.  Princess went next, and takes after her mama in being very sensitive to the anesthesia so it took them quite some time to wake her up, and then she had the lovely throwing up episode.  Poor baby, I was sitting on her bed nursing Baby Boy and she threw up into her jello cup.  I couldn't really do anything to catch it, so I had to take Baby Boy into the other room w/Grandma and the boys, holler for a nurse, and then come in and help her wipe up.  She threw up again right before we came home - it was the closest I've come to adding my own throw up into the mixture in a long time.  Cowboy was last because they had to start an IV and antibiotics due to his heart murmur.  He is such a funny kid.  When they were getting ready to insert the IV he says, "Kay, just don't put it ALL the way through!"  It wasn't as bad as it could have been in recovery, but was quite the juggling act with a nursing baby, and 3 recovering kiddos, but thanks to Grandma - it turned out alright.  I will admit there was about 5 minutes in there after they brought Cowboy back where I wanted to break down and cry and I wondered how in the world we were going to take care of 3 very very sad and in pain children.  The whining is going to be the hardest to be patient with I think.  Well, that and trying to reason with a 4 and 2 yr old that screaming from the sore throat pain will actually make it hurt worse.  On the way home from the hospital Cowboy expressed quite pitifully, "I want my tonsils back!"

Thank heaven above Baby Boy did so great.  He was so happy-go-lucky and has been all day.  We've been truly blessed!


Poor Princess also had a sty on her eye.  Before surgery.

Before surgery - getting an iv for some antibiotics.  A sweet nurse gave him the "special" camo tape

Didn't get a pre-op pic, so this is in recovery.

Watching Dora

This was before she puked ALL over those nice clean blankets.  :)

Sweet baby girl

Going home!

I love this smile!

Home at last

Watching movies

My throat hurts Grandma!

Our living room set up for the next couple of days.
And the happy baby of the family

3 comments:

Christine said...

So looking at the picture of the baby, I think he's thinking in his mind, "suckers!" It could just be me that thinks that though.

Christine said...

P.S. My husband just walked by and said, "that's a cute baby." I agree with his statement.

Dallas and Carissa said...

wow you are one crazy brave lady for attempting that! good luck!