4.07.2011

Am I crazy?!?

Yes.  Yes I am.

I am determined to teach Baby Boy how to crawl before hubby gets home for a completely selfish reason.

He is in that stage where he wants to be mobile, but can't quite catch on and I need him to be able to get where he wants, or even better follow me around.  He cries whenever he is not able to see me, and since our vacation he wants someone to walk him around all day.  No more sitting down and playing for him!  :)  He also HATES being in my wrap, or front carrier.

Today I was worried that I had accomplished nothing because I was lazy.  Upon review, I did not accomplish one thing on my list because I had at least one child in my arms at all times.  All 3 boys wanted to be held and snuggled throughout today.

A friend of mine has this quote on her blog: "Cleaning and scrubbing can wait for tomorrow, For babies grow up, I've learned, to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep."  -Author Unknown *UPDATE* Another friend of mine found the author to this poem, it's Ruth Hulbert Hamilton.  :)  Gotta give credit where credit is due!  

So true.  I am definitely satisfied with my day.  I accomplished nothing and everything.
I also concluded that Baby Boy will be going into the backpack tomorrow.  :)  Maybe that will be better than the front carrier.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds like you did a great job today!

Karen said...

I love that poem. I looked on the internet, and I guess that's part of a longer poem by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton (1958). Thank you for posting it!