4.25.2011

The life and times

It's been awhile!

My husband got home around midnight last Saturday.  Needless to say, it was heaven on earth having my family together again - at least for a few days.

Hubby left to go to an interview at the stake center Tuesday evening.  He'd been gone about 15 minutes when I looked and saw Brother Bear walking around in a circle on the drive way then drop to his knees crying.  I ran over to him and he looked up with tears streaming down his little chubby cheeks and cried, "I wost (lost) my daddy!  I wost daddy!"  I assured him that dad was only gone on an errand and would be back soon, but he just shook his head and cried into my shoulder, "I wost my daddy, Mommy!"  It almost made me break down.  Sweet boy.  Needless to say, it was very hard for Zane to leave and go to Utah for work later that week, but you do what you have to do.  We are grateful for his job and right now his job is a few hours away, so we get to see him on the weekends.  When you think about it, it's not too different from many other dads who have to work long hours during the week and only see their kids on the weekend.  It's good for the transition time too - I get NOTHING done when Zane is home because I just want to be with him.  :)

Speaking of Utah, I was able to get Baby Boy in to the allergist and *drum roll please* Baby Boy is not allergic to dairy or nuts!!!  Hooray!!  He is most certainly intolerant, and I was advised to not give him any dairy or nuts until he was tested again at 2, but the prognosis is great and now I don't have to worry about any horrible reactions when I give him food!  To celebrate I fed him some soy yogurt - you would have thought I was giving him the world.  :)  It was so great!  I wish I had taken a video of him slapping his hands on the tray and bouncing up and down mouth open wide and squealing.  He has recently learned to crawl.  Although it is pretty funny because he refuses to do so if I am anywhere near.  Funny baby.  It is so amazing how fast they grow!  I'm going to have a 3 and 5 yr old in less than 2 weeks.  My oldest will be 7 six weeks after that, and my baby is already 8 1/2 months old.  Life is good, my love is home (albeit on the weekends), and I am very blessed!

I've missed the blogging - so expect to start seeing things more regularly again.  :)

1 comment:

Lu said...

I don't know how you do it with him gone so so so much! You are such a great mom. It is nice to hear you so dang happy :)