6.15.2010

Gross praise

Odd title, I know.  You'll understand after reading.  Oh, and a warning: this post is graphic and not for people who get grossed out too easily.

I've said this so many times, but once again I have to sing the praises of a great husband.  I NEED to go grocery shopping in a bad way, so last night we went out to eat at a local bakery/sandwich shop we've never tried before.  Well apparently, I got a touch of food poisoning from the chicken salad sandwich (I'm hoping this throwing up isn't an every Monday trend).  I woke up at midnight put my hands over my mouth and RAN to the bathroom - but didn't make it before another wave hit me so fast I was stunned.  Seriously, I stood there in the doorway completely shocked that I had just sprayed such a huge amount of puke ALL OVER me (covering my entire face, hair, down my front, not to mention my hands), the carpet, the doorway, the guitar case, mirror, walls, bathroom floor.  You get the idea.  I was totally dumbfounded!  Zane was still awake and I just called out, "Zane?" as I went to the tub to wash off some of my face and then lost it again.  Literally this stuff was unreal!  I was COMPLETELY emptied of everything in my stomach and down to the dry heaving in less than 10 minutes.  And the unbelievable sour smell was something special.  So while I got in the shower to try and clean off my sweet husband cleaned up the entire mess, got out the carpet cleaner (which, just let me interject a note here: carpet steam cleaners are one of the best investments we have ever made and I would highly recommend one for every household with children/pets/people who puke  (o:), and he didn't even complain - just asked if I was okay and set to work.  Granted after all that, he came out and slept in the living room.  :)  Poor guy - I can't say I blame him one bit!

SO that is what I mean by gross praise.  The situation was disgusting, but the praise is real and deserved!

4 comments:

Hollie Hanson said...

oh man. You poor thing. Now I remember what I hate most about all 9 months of my pregnancies :O
Hope this isn't a ritual for ya!

Lisa and Randy said...

That is awful Mary!! Hopefully your body has had all the puking it can handle for a while. Zane is pretty amazing to clean up and everything. Wonder what Randy would do in the situation. Probably won't find out...he's the puker in this family...hugs!! :)

Anonymous said...

Im so sorry. Good job Zane!

When I was pregnant with Crystal, I threw up on my way to work. The problem is it was a brand new car and I wasnt about to get it dirty. The only thing I could find to throw up in was the sun shade. I drove to TJ's office (while driving with one hand to keep the sunshade held closed) and handed it to TJ to clean out for me. Hey, thats the least they could do. LOL!

Kat & Paul said...

so sorry about the food poisoning! go zane for being so awesome!