6.22.2010

Picture free

I've lost our camera.  The playback button was broken anyway, but at least I could still take pictures.  It's gone gone gone.  Thank goodness I had already pulled off all the pictures before misplacing it!  Meanwhile many picture worthy activities have been going on that I guess I'll just have to describe.  *sigh*

We went back to Rexburg this last weekend to see our new nephew and Zane's mom before they all went to California for the summer.  Baby J is so cute - and I realized that I am NOT ready to have such a tiny FRAGILE thing in our lives again.  You forget how little they are - definitely sweet and cuddly, but I think I'll be grateful when we can get past the non-supportive head stage with our new baby.  :)  I was glad to see some old friends at the complex and we went to our old ward on Sunday.  I'll just add here that I wish we could just transport our baby-sitter wherever we move she is the greatest ever!  It was great to see everyone and I think it's crazy how much things can change even in just a 5 month period of time.  Wish we had more time to get in a "good" visit, but we had a lot of fun.

Speaking of fun - Cowboy did something pretty awesome and picture worthy.  One of the car dealerships was having a classic car show so we stopped by to see all the awesome restorations.  The fire department was there doing a fundraiser and had their ladder extended up all the way for people to climb.  Crazy high! Cowboy really wanted to climb up, so we asked and they fashioned a small harness for him and off he went!  I should tell you that he had not only a harness and rope, but one of the firefighters climbed right behind him in case he needed help since the rungs were pretty big steps for such a little guy.  Cowboy did AWESOME!  He didn't climb all the way (which is about 70 feet up) but they estimated he climbed at least 55 feet before coming down.  Not bad at all for a four year old!  :)  We were so surprised and proud of him.  Next stop - airborne school!  Princess would have tried it as well, but she had decided to wear a dress that day and we didn't think it would be appropriate for her to climb up showing off her undies to the world.  Drat that modesty!  :)

The kids are starting another round of swimming lessons and all are very excited.  Brother Bear will hardly let me hold him in the pool - he just wants to do it all himself and quite frequently dives out of my arms to kick and glide.  *Sigh* It makes for tiring lessons for mommy sometimes!  The other two are just as fearless and would stay in the water all day if it were possible, or if the weather would cooperate and they weren't shaking like leaves by the end of the lessons.

Princess is reading like crazy and loves to get new reading books at the library.  I'm so amazed with how well she does - she hardly has to ask me what words are anymore!  She got some eye shadow make up and lip gloss for her birthday and loves to play with it and feel like such a big girl.  She actually does a pretty good job with it too.  I love having her home all day this summer and am dreading the start of school already - I hate the idea of her being gone from home so long in the day!  She is super excited though, so I can't say anything.

I'm supposed to sign Brother Bear up for speech therapy, but am putting it off a little because of his explosion of words.  The only question is whether or not other people can understand his words like I can.  :)  We'll see.  I think I'm going to wait until after the baby is born to start taking him...maybe.

So that's our picture free update.  For all my photography guru friends, what camera would you recommend if we were going to save and get a digital SLR?

No comments: