6.02.2010

Mommy and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

Today is Mommy's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  Well, maybe not that bad, but it's not a good Mommy day.  We've all had them, or will have them at some point, some of us more than others.  I am feeling overwhelmed and frustrated and very short tempered.  I feel like the perfume of my life right now is a mixture of pee and poop - on the bright side, at least no one is vomiting to add to that lovely mixture.  :P  I know it sounds stupid, but I swear I can clean the bathroom every day and it still smells bad!  I have a hard time not feeling angry when my 6 yr old still has some kind of potty accident almost daily.  I'm frustrated that I am now washing 2 sets of sheets that were all soaked in pee.  I won't even bother explaining this story right now, but Brother Bear peed all over the house yesterday and I can't find all the spots to wash them.  He wants to potty train, but I just don't think I can handle the extra mess right now.  Of course, I also hate changing his messy diapers that reek to high heaven.  *sigh*

Brother Bear has been at the receiving end of my yelling a few times today.  Last night he put a huge gash in Cowboys head swinging around a flashlight instead of cleaning up (he could have used stitches, but it's under the hairline, so we aren't too worried about a scar).  Today BB whacked Cowboy again in the head in the bath with a toy.  Needless to say, he may not speak much, but he is definitely a 2 yr old. He's been refusing to listen and hitting a lot lately.

I'm blogging this in an attempt to get out my feelings so I stop yelling at the kids today.   Really, it's not their fault that I am feeling frustrated.  I'm hormonally imbalanced, and already not sleeping at night due to the pregnancy.  I'm starting to think Zane is right.  He thinks this should be our last one - I'm not sure my family, or I can go through the mood swings and exhaustion again.  I just want my house to be completely clean today - all of it, and I want the energy to do it.  I'm not just talking regular cleaning - like washing all the stains out of the couch, shampooing the carpets, pulling out the fridge and stove, cleaning all the blinds and window sills, the outside windows, every little nook and cranny.  Yes, I am being completely unrealistic, I know it.  But these little things are influencing the whole irritation.

I'm not on the verge of a breakdown, just having a no good Mommy day.  This too shall pass, and I do love my kids, and I am grateful for being able to stay at home with them, but I think I'll actually be feeling more grateful another day.  :)

1 comment:

Kat & Paul said...

oh mary! i have those days too!as i read your post i kept thinking, yep, uh-huh, my thoughts exactly....