5.03.2011

Compliments

I've been remiss lately that I haven't been as complimentary to others in recent years as in the past.

Why is it most of us think something kind of others and then keep it to ourselves?

Life is too short.

I hope you take the time today to say what you think, to one you love, or even a stranger.  And while you are at it, maybe pay yourself a compliment too.  It is something we do too little in our overly critical society.

One more thing: if someone else says something nice to you - just say a sincere thank you without argument.  I have been utterly guilty of brushing off compliments and I resolve to do better.

Happy day everyone!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

i love this. i've been trying to do that more when i see women in particular that i love... total strangers or friends. but if i like their hair, their outfit, their smile, whatever, i've been trying to just say it. i know it makes my day when someone compliments me, so why keep the good thoughts to myself! Yay for my beautiful cousin Mary! :)

Hendrickson Family said...

We're on the same page... I was actually praying last night I'd be better at complimenting like I once was. What happens? Do we just get out of the habit you think? I miss you Mary! Why can't you move back to Portland!