5.05.2011

To Cowboy

Since I have two boys who were both born on the same day, I will post another note to Brother Bear tomorrow.  :)

To my darling 5 year old Cowboy,


 I should have known from the start you would do things with your own particular flare.  After 4 or 5 hours of labor and no progress, you decided to come flying out in less than 20 minutes.  Your dad had to catch you because you came so fast.  And you haven't stopped since.  You jabbered early, were talking in sentences by the time you were 1, and started running (I mean walking) when you were just 9 months old.

You have always had an affinity for chocolate and LOVED dogs and balls when you turned the big "1"
 Not many boys can say they got to be a big brother on their 2nd birthday!  At this time in your life, you still loved dogs and we took you bowling a few days after Mom and brother came home.
 Three is when you were designated "Cowboy."  Horses, horses, and anything Cowboy!
 Four years old and still a Cowboy.  :)
And now you are FIVE and I can hardly ever take pictures of you because you are always on the go.  You are SO smart and LOVE singing songs.  I am so impressed with how fast you can memorize them!  You are terrified of all small animals, particularly dogs and cats, but horses are still your love.   My darling boy - you keep your mommy on her toes, but I am SO grateful you chose to come and join our family.  You have your own personality, a tender heart, and the biggest imagination!  I hope you never ever lose it.  And I hope someday you let me come and visit your Spiderman house - 
it sounds like a perfect place to be!  :)  
Love,
Mama

2 comments:

Megan Marie said...

so sweeeeeeet. how time flies!

Jen, Dave, Reagan and Matthew said...

That is so cute Mary. You are a good mommy.