5.18.2011

I think I'm going to get dumped

By my realtor.  I would dump me if I were him.

He just found out his commission is going to drop in half.  After he worked to compile a whole lot of houses for us to consider that we now are not going to consider.

Awesome right?

The bright side is by changing our tune, there is a distinct possibility, even reality that we will be COMPLETELY debt free (minus the mortgage) in two years or less.  With a substantial savings.  I like that tune.  Especially when it means I only have to suck it up in my van for less than 3 more years before I can get a car I love.  And we will be able to get a nicer house than we can now, maybe with matching furniture.  :)  lol.  Another plus to this decision?  It means I am probably going to sell 80% of my furniture and other crap before we move.  Which means less to move.  Which means a smaller moving van.  Which also means I get to use that $$ I get and save to buy furniture that fits the space, instead of making my huge furniture fit in the tiny space.  And closet organizers - nice real ones.  :)


Dave Ramsey would be so proud.  Except, I'm not waiting to pay cash on my house, and I am not going to stop saving to pay off the debt faster.  But that's another story.

So, yeah.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to get dumped by my realtor.  And my kids may have to do without an awesome yard (maybe).  Or a big dog.  And we will definitely be moving before 5 yrs is up.  :)

1 comment:

Hollie Hanson said...

LOL. You are hilarious. Well it all sounds fab to me! So are you movnig here or not? looking to rent instead of buying? Let me know if I can help ya!