9.13.2013

Holy Hannah, we're up and rolling!

My sister happened to mention that I haven't written on this blog in over a year and I figured it was about time to get it up and at 'em again.  How to summarize what has happened the last 15 months?  Ummm...LIFE.  :)
Leah is now an 18 month old walking, talking, climbing, crazy, toddler.

Jacob turned 3 in August and the best way to describe him is hilariously crazy kid.  It's super funny to watch him interact with his siblings.  All I know is, we are going to have our hands full with these last 2 babies!  They certainly keep me on my toes.

Michael is in kindergarten now and still my sensitive soul.  He can be a brute with his brothers, but will also sit and tickle my arms or play with my hair and tell me "Mom - you're bootiful."

Caleb is my on-the-go guy.  He still loves horses (as do all the kids) and is always on the move - with the exception of when the tv is on - then he is glued and in another zone.  :)  He's liking 2nd grade so far.

Abby is my right-hand man.  I love that she is so responsible and willing to help.  She's an avid reader (like her mama) and is really enjoying 4th grade.

Zane was promoted to Captain this year and we'll be here for one more year, then it's off to new adventures somewhere else.  It's strange to be in the same house for this long.  I kind of don't know what to do with myself!  :)  He's been gone quite a bit, but we'll still take it over the hours he was working in Idaho/Utah!  The Army has been a HUGE blessing this year especially because he was able to take off so much time to while I was ill and recovering.

Which leads to me - we discovered that I have issues with my digestive system and so it's been a year of pain and experimenting with food to find out what works and doesn't.  Really, it would be easier if we all just became vegetarians, but we haven't made that leap yet.  I spent quite a bit of time in the hospital with that and recovering, then had to have a hysterectomy which is another post in and of itself.   But for now, I'm happy that things are looking up and it's nice to have more energy and less sickness to be a mom and wife!

I'll go into more detail on things as time goes on, but I figured I'd go ahead and start with a quick re-introduction into our lives.  And in case you were wondering, the photos are courtesy of the amazingly talented Hollie Hanson, of www.cherry-tree-photography.com  If you are in Utah, give her a ring!

No comments: