9.13.2013

Mischief, thy name is JACOB

It's probably a good thing I thought to start blogging again as a form of journaling.  Today is going down in the books, and it's only noon.

First off, I am going to say, I was supposed to have my visiting teachers come over today, but canceled on them because I needed to run some errands and wanted to get some cleaning done this morning.  I should have known better.

I just finished the dishes and went into the other room to see Jacob - his arms, legs, hands, and feet colored and covered in something...not sure what it was, I went into my room to investigate and what did I find?  RED AND GREEN PAINT ALL OVER THE TAN CARPET.  Like the entire bottle of red paint.  Big gobs of red and green paint interspersed with little foot and hand prints.  I wasn't mad.  It literally took my breath away and I could do nothing but laugh.  I called my mom and Zane to show them on the camera.  It was an EPIC kind of special mess.
Have I ever mentioned one of the best purchases a parent can ever make is a good carpet cleaning machine?  I'll have to go over it again, but there is only a little bit of a pink stain right where the largest blob of red was.  I am pretty pleased about that!  Meanwhile, since I had my carpet cleaning things out, I figured I may as well shampoo the front room because the area rug has been driving me nuts and it wouldn't take too long.  Luckily, nothing too disastrous happened while I was doing that except the playroom got a bit destroyed and Leah found the Sunday bag of coloring from the closet and dumped it out all over.  No biggie.  Now it was lunchtime - we got through that alright (though I will plug in here that we have a new favorite: tortillas with sundried tomato hummus and spinach - yum!) and I mentioned that we could go get a bath since they were still covered in paint/markers and I needed to scrub the tub anyway since it turned pink from all the water I dumped out from the carpet cleaner.  So they run off while I finish picking up lunch and I hear the bath going.  I go into the bathroom to find Leah - completely dressed with her diaper on sitting in the tub while it's filling, and Jacob running out naked saying he's grabbing some toys.  Okay.  So I check the water, get Leah undressed and I was walking out into the hall to grab a washcloth when I see Jacob just finish peeing INTO the tub of legos.  I don't even have time to say something when he's skipping past me saying, "Mom, there's pee!" and runs into the bathtub.  At this point I am just walking back with my jaw slack thinking, "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"  I pick up the phone and call my Mom who immediately answered saying, "What's Jacob done now?"  Needless to say we had a huge laugh with tears running down my cheeks because what else can I do?  This is Jacob.  This is the child that just last Saturday got into a permanent marker and colored ALL OVER himself, my tan couches, carpet, curtains, and walls in the 5 minutes I was in the other room.  
www.cherry-tree-photography.com
 So this is me.  Shaking my head, rolling my eyes, sighing, with a grin on my face because I can't help but love this rascal.  And I'm really glad his dad will be back in town tonight.  Because I think I am going to go out.  By myself.  But probably not.  Because I've missed my hubby.  *sigh* Now I have to run go do a few things during the rest of this naptime.  Maybe even shower.  And pray that I can laugh at the rest of the misadventures today.
www.cherry-tree-photography.com

No comments: