9.14.2013

Prayer rocks

I have been struggling the last couple of weeks with motivation, desire and just fighting off plain laziness.  I don't really know what the term is for it.  It seems like depression, only I don't feel unhappy - just blah.  Thursday it finally came to me that the only solution was to pray.  So I did.  I prayed for motivation to do the things I needed and wanted.  I prayed I would be able to kick myself back up to the surface of my life.  I prayed for whatever it was I needed to get myself back on track.

Heavenly Father answered my prayers.  I know it.  You know what the kick was?  Dealing with the antics of my toddlers yesterday.  It was a massively taxing day!  But you know - I made it through without losing it on my kids.  I even laughed.  I got some cleaning done that I have been needing to do that I have been trying to work up the umph to do.  And today?  Because I did it yesterday, I could do it again today.  And tomorrow?  I did it today - so I'll be able to do it tomorrow.

Prayer works people.  Even when the answer we get may kick our bums for a bit.  I just don't recommend praying for patience.  :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

So true! Glad for you. Wonder why we often forget to pray for those little things that we really need!

BWei said...

Love these posts, Mary--and I am afraid that our Robbie is going to be like Jacob...he is already very busy at only 14 months. Fun fun. Thanks for sharing and for the updates--but wow about all your health challenges. Glad that you're feeling on the mend.