9.20.2013

Priorities

Do you ever struggle with prioritizing your life? With so many demands on our time, what is more important? What's your list of good, better, best?

I've been thinking about this a lot as I watch my husband and try and help him figure it out. God has given everything to us, so service to Him is a must. Oftentimes in our church we have callings which give us that opportunity. Sometimes those callings take up a great deal of time.  Zane has taken the role to provide for our family and has responsibilities at work that need to be completed. We are given one body to take care of while here on Earth, so we need to have time to exercise and eat well, and sleep.  We have 5 children that need and crave their father's love and attention. As a wife, I need my husband around. There are things around the house that are his responsibility. Not to mention sometimes it's nice to have friends or just "me time." The list goes on and on.

How do you prioritise good, better, best when all are important and necessary? I know the saying of putting God first and all else will fall into place, but sometimes, it doesn't. Sometimes He lets us figure it all out ourselves. It's hard not to feel overwhelmed and tired. I honestly don't know the answers right now. We're muddling through the thick of it. I have no doubt it will work out eventually, because I know our prayers are heard and answered. I know when you are doing the right things, you are guided. That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt or frustrate in the meantime.

1 comment:

BWei said...

Yes yes yes--this is on my mind a lot lately. Not sure what I can/should give up to make life less stressful. Amen to those last two sentences :-).