3.16.2011

The not so love affair

It's a fact of life.  Laundry has to be done, clothes have to be put away, and inevitably there will ALWAYS be more dirty laundry lurking in the shadows.

So why oh why is it SO hard for me to do it?  This is not a new thing.  I've been doing laundry for a long time.  You would think after a while it would just become a habit.  But it hasn't.  I still struggle with the folding/putting away/remembering that there is a load in the washer BEFORE it goes rancid (why is it ALWAYS the towels load that I forget???).

So, in my effort to improve myself, I would love to know if any of you have any good ideas on how to fall in love with something you truly, unequivocally loathe?  Because short of a love affair, I don't think mere tolerance will work on something so truly despising in my world.

Oh, and fresh smell won't work either.  I have to use unscented everything due to Brother Bear's sensitivity.  Thoughts?


******Update******

Without reading this blog, or me telling her about it, my mom shared this article with me.  Tell me she is not an inspired woman!

5 comments:

Dallas and Carissa said...

OMG I used to HATE laundry! But I found a way to trick myself into laundry--after I put the girls to bed, I find something I want to watch on TV or I get a movie or I watch "Army Wives" on Netflix and I fold laundry while I do it. Such a little thing but now laundry folding is my guilt free TV time and I love it.

Anonymous said...

I dont like it either, but I do agree with the tv thing. Its like watching tv while on the treadmill..its the only way to do it.
As for the smell thing, a friend of mine told me to add vinegar to another rinse cycle. It does work.

Karen said...

I just started a new thing this week with laundry-- which never seems to decrease in size for long. I made a calendar of the minimum I need to to each day, which with our washer and dryer means two loads I can consistently manage to fit in (Mon-Fri). It feels more manageable. One day I just have to make sure I wash kids shirts and socks, another maybe is pants and towels. If I have more time and pep, great. But this way hopefully a little gets done each day and it doesn't seem so overwhelming.

Abby said...

I recently started doing all of it in one day. I was intimidated by the idea at first but I can do a load of whites, mediums, darks and towels. It's a lot of laundry but then I dont have to think about it for a whole week! I really love it!!

Anna Marie said...

Gah, I hear you. I don't mind folding so much, but I despise putting it all away! I totally agree with the t.v. thing. I either watch White Collar or Amazing Race. (-: (the only two shows I watch!)