3.31.2011

Taste of summer

Oh sunshine and warmth, how we have missed you in Idaho!  :)

Took Baby Boy in to an urgent care in Boise (we're visiting my Mom and Dad for the weekend).  Poor kid has an ear infection and bronchitis.  On the way back from the pharmacy I took a little detour - well, actually the GPS took me on a detour, BUT I loved what I saw!

First, I drove through a neighborhood I want to live in - chalk full of bike paths, playgrounds, parks, and I saw a ton of families (old and young) biking together.  Then I passed by a park that had a small pond where kids were fishing and feeding ducks, across the way a young team was playing soccer, and there was an awesome playground next to that.  The temperatures were in the mid 60's and I was LOVING the scenes before me!

So I bought some bubbles, jump ropes, inflatable beach ball, and sidewalk chalk.  Want to take a guess at what we will be doing ALL day tomorrow??? 

Aw summer...I can almost taste your sweetness!  :)

2 comments:

Holly Murray said...

Sounds amazing! Enjoy your day outdoors and don't forget the sunscreen. :) (We all got burned yesterday - oops!)

BWei said...

We're finally getting some glimpses of spring, too--amazing how it lifts your spirits. I know what you mean about your "modern times" post--sometimes I think that it would be so nice to live years ago, but then I realize how wonderful it is to have the conveniences we do today.