3.08.2011

Parental love

knows no bounds. 

My parents drove over from Boise and got here late tonight just so my dad could attend a "Dads and Doughnuts" activity at the school early in the morning with Princess.  Basically dads/grandpas/uncles go with their student to school and eat doughnuts and read books before school for a special time.  Princess acted like it wasn't a big deal for a long time until she found out her grandpa was coming for her.  She called him 3 times today to make sure he knew what time it was and ask when he was coming again?  She melts my heart with her excitement.

So does the love of grandparents.  I am so eternally grateful the Lord blessed my little girl with a circumstance that put my parents in a close enough vicinity that they can step in while her dad is away.  I'm also grateful for their willingness to do so.  They came tonight, and will leave right after her school thing in the morning.  Quick and expensive trip (especially with these astronomical gas prices)!  But it wasn't even a question to my dad whether or not he would come.

I love my children with a fierceness and depth that is indescribable.  How amazing it is that they are also blessed with not just one, but two sets of grandparents who love them "almost" as much as me.  :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We do have the most fabulous parents in the world. I love them.
Today being Crystals 16th b-day, it makes me sad thinking of the days gone by of Doughnuts for Dads and Muffins for Moms. I know you are STRESSED (and rightly so) but try to enjoy....more than I did. I love you.