3.30.2011

Modern times

This is how my thought process started:

I sucked out Baby Boy's nose last night with the bulb syringe, gave him some Tylenol for his fever, numbed his gums for his teething, and turned on the nebulizer to give him a dose of Albuterol before bed so he could breathe, and before stepping out of his room, I turned on the humidifier.

Then I got to thinking, how many of my babies would have lived past infancy, or their toddler years had I lived 100 years ago?  Even 50?  Frankly, I wouldn't have even lived past infancy.

As romantic as it sometimes seems to go back to the "simpler times" I am SO GRATEFUL to live in a day and age where my babies have access to the medicine and technology that keep them alive!!

I am also grateful for modernized washers and dryers, dishwashers, fridge/freezers, pretty much the whole kitchen...indoor plumbing, hot water, ELECTRICITY, digital pianos that sound authentic but are easy to move and never have to be tuned...

:)  The list could go on and on.  What modern thing are you most grateful for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this post...so true. I do remember how sick you got when you were an infant. Definately scary!
You are a good mom.