3.05.2011

Oh Princess!

Poor baby fell last night at the high school and face planted it again (she just did this a week ago in the parking lot).   One thing about mouth/head injuries - there is a LOT of blood!  Her hands were full by the time we found some paper towels.  By the way, I'm all for being environmentally conscious, but for heavens sake - try finding something that stays together better than 1 ply toilet paper to catch gushing blood with no paper towels!  Anyway, her tooth cut her lip - deep enough that I took her in to the er just to make sure she didn't need stitches (and to also get reassured that I didn't need to call the dentist for an emergency visit).  They went back and forth about whether or not to sew it, but in the end decided that it wouldn't be worth the painful process.  Meanwhile, she hit her mouth so hard she has a crack through one of her permanent front teeth and the other is loose and sore.  So a trip to the dentist is in order pronto next week.  I am terrified she may have killed it.  Anyway, here are some pics of the misery.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I so wish this hadn't happened! Give her a huge hug from me. I'm so so sorry.

Jill said...

Sorry - that was me not Alan who posted. I'm sure he's sorry too.

Love you Abby.

Anonymous said...

Oh poor baby. Makes me want to cry for her.

Hollie Hanson said...

Ouch! Poor girl :(
I think our kids are twins. Hopefully her tooth will be easy like lillies. No nerve damage and just needs to be sealed over.
I'm praying you have an easier week next week!